Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

12 Schools, 24 Hoops - West Side Elementary Donation

(l to r) Ashley Bagwell, Assistant Principal--Lorene Shaw, Alphabet Hoops--Ken Wakefield, Physical Education.

About the "12 Schools, 24 Hoops" Program

Alphabet Hoops is focused on introducing kids to the joys and benefits of hula hooping. I do as much as I can with the time I have, but I have a family, a full-time job AND a penchant for crafting---all of which occupy a portion of the limited hours in my day.

So, to increase the number of kids that I reach, I also need to introduce hula hooping to adults who work with kids. To that end, my goal for 2012 is to donate two adult-sized hula hoops to the P.E. department of each of the 12 Marietta City Schools. (And, if the teachers are interested, each hoop handover will include a mini-introductory lesson to hooping!)

Check my donation tracking page for a  list of  the 2012 hoop donations to the Marietta City School system that I have completed so far! 

No comments: