Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunday Funday at East Cobb Park


What could possibly improve upon a sunshiny day at the park, complete with (free!) live music? Why, hula hoops, of course! Last Sunday, Alphabet Hoops brought a stack of hoops and joined the fun at "Sunday Funday presented by Wellstar." With such a family friendly atmosphere, there were already a lot of smiling faces, but the hula hoops prompted some happy laughter as well.


Musician, Jay Memory
Lorene Shaw of Alphabet Hoops
 I really had a wonderful time introducing hula hooping to kids and adults. And I really appreciated the  occasional references to hula hooping that musician Jay Memory inserted into his songs. He made me smile every time he did that! Remember, Sunday Funday is free. And there's plenty of room for hula hoops. So bring yours, grab the family, and join in the fun!

About Sunday Funday by Wellstar: Located at East Cobb Park, Sunday Funday is held weekly on Sundays from 4-7 p.m., April 15 through May 27 (weather permitting). The weekly event features live musical entertainment performed by Jay Memory. Huge thanks to the the various sponsors who make this family-friendly activity possible for our community---Wellstar, Zaxby's, Willy's Mexican Grill, and Rohan Law PC.

2 comments:

tinydesignstudio said...

Hello there. I wondered if we could use your hula hoop and possibly entrance sign photos on the eastcobbpark.org website? We are currently redesigning the website and would be happy to give you photo credit. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Lorene said...

Sure! If you give me credit, refer to "Lorene of Alphabet Hoops." I've still got the domain (www.AlphabetHoops.com), but users are now directed to my new site, TheFeltedFox. I know. Confusing. But my www.facebook.com/AlphabetHoops is still alive and kicking! (I've just changed it to a Community Organization rather than a Business.)